Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A small step back

Well, this week is not starting out so hot..Avery has been keeping us awake this week so it threw the beginning of week off. The diet was fine until today. I changed it this week to no carbs my last two meals and oatmeal an hour before my workout and today, I really learned that this may need a change. I just didn't have the energy this morning in my step class. My glycogen stores were totally depleted to the point tha my legs felt like led in class and I was getting dizzy spells, I struggled through that and I couldn't even TALK to my husband when I got home! I felt terrible and I was not in any mood to talk or smile! LOL! I ate a half of a power bar and some fruit and I was back to semi normal, then... my head was still sort of fuzzy and I backed the car into the Jeep that I had parked earlier! I am not blaming that serious brain fart totally on the lack of carbs in my body but I was definitly suffering from some serious glycogen depletion or better known in my household as "bonking" I went to starbucks and got a skinny vanilla latte and that brought me back up to speed.

SO, I still ate clean, however, not every three hours as usual and I ate a few more carbs than i have been! I feel a million times better now! I will not eat again tonight, but tomorrow I plan to get back on my schedule. I think I will try to add some fruit in with my oatmeal before my cardio and see if that helps. I told you I would be changing things as I see fit.... I refuse to stick to anything that makes me feel that badly! I want to be healthy, that is the whole point of this right?? I am not doing something right if I am left feeling that badly! More to come....

2 comments:

butterflydreams said...

Hey U look really fit & healthy.....mmmmmm i want to ask u one thing if u really dont mind, whatever u've posted on ur wall all sounds gud but seems quite impossible for me...u really do all these. i mean dont u get tired. anyway keep up the gud work. i;ll also try to do all these stuffs. thanx. take care.

S5Systems Security Pvt Ltd said...

Thanks for sharing
Nice blog


By S5Systems
Narcotics Detector, E3500, Sabre 4000, VaporTracer, VaporTracer2