Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Finess Goals!

As of Sunday, September 13th, I decided it's time to change up my fitness goals. I have been running and training for long distances now for a while and while I still LOVE running and do not intend to give up 5k races and the occasional 10 k race, I am going to shift my training goals to bodybuilding. I used to lift weights regularly and loved the way my body looked. I have been so focused on running that I have not been able to do anything else, thus, losing most of the muscle I put on in years past. So I decided that I would totally change it up and focus on bodybuilding! I am following a "bodybuilding" type diet that gives me quite a few calories per day, (around 2,000)and training muscle groups as a bodybuilder, not as a person who wants to maintain, but BUILD muscles. I am measuring out how many carbohydrates I need, Protein, and fats that I will need to build lean muscle mass/ Eating 6 small meals a day and drinking 3 liters of water per day! I am also going to track weight loss and gains with you. I have never tried this before so I may get it wrong first but I will bring you along on my journey! Here we go, a new adventure! Who knows what will come out of this! ~K

No comments: