Thursday, May 31, 2007

Rest Peacefully Andy Gordon


I recently received an email from a dear friend telling Hillman and I some very sad news. Andy Gordon, a St. John resident, passed away May 20th while sleeping peacefully. He was diagnosed with Lymphoma and was in pain for 5 months prior with no diagnosis. 3 days prior to his death he was given his diagnosis. Hillman and I became friends with Andy and his lovely wife Dori in a very important time in our lives, our marriage. We stayed at Andy and Dori's incredible" peace of heaven" on the island of St. John in the U.S.Virgin Islands. They have a very unique home where they rent part of it to visitors and live in the rest. It is call Calabash Views. It is located on Calabash Boom and overlooks the beautiful waters of St. John. This is not just your typical vacation rental, this is a home in which Andy built with his own hands. When Hillman and I went to the island to get married, we did not expect to take away such a special friendship, one in which we will always cherish. Andy was a very talented musician and he was very passionate in his studies in all sorts of sciences. He was a very unique person, I guarantee, there is no one on this earth like him. I wish I was able to know him better but I feel very fortunate to have gotten to know him in the short time I stayed in his "piece of heaven". Please everyone keep Dori, his wife, and all of his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers while they try to make sense of this. Andy was only 53 years old. Thank you Andy and Dori for the unforgettable experience you gave Hillman and I at St. John, and for your special friendship. Andy will be missed very much. This is a piece of the email Dori sent to Hillman and I. She is such a special person, I think you'll see that here.

"But as this very email shows, life & death, birth & the cycle go round and round, round and round. It all seems so fast. Enjoy every moment my young ones. Enjoy every moment.
May your lives be filled with the joys of a baby's cry for its mama, and may you dance to the tune of Joy."


Every time I read this, my eyes fill with tears. ~Kara

No comments: