Friday, July 4, 2008

Injury free..for the most part~

What a week! So I went to the worst podiatrist about my ankle! He was HORRIBLE. Told me I needed orthotics but"you couldn't afford them" is what he said! It was worse but ill spare you the details, bottom line, don't ever go to William Lambert! Ok?? OK! 

Other than a run in with a horrible Dr. My week has been good! My ankle is getting better. I ran...Lets see, 7.5 Sunday, 3 monday, 3 tuesday, wednesday..just taught my aerobics classes, thursday Ugg, THURSDAY KICKED MY BUTT. I ran 3 with H and Avery ( H pushed !) THen taught an aerobics class for a friend who was out of town, then the aerobics instructor for the kickboxing class right after didn't show so guess who had to teach it..yep you guessed it. That wouldn't have been a big deal but I had a RACE the next day(3.1)! Needless to say, my race was terrible! I had severe hamstring pain since they were  sore to begin with, and I just didn't have a full tank! No biggie, I was upset at the end of the race ( cried a little. Sorry Jami!) But ya win some ya loose some! ;-) 

Having said that, I will not race again until October. I need a break to re evaluate my 5k goals, I used to love running 5k's. Now i feel tons of pressure to do a competitive time! I am not having fun with it like I used to. I am going to continue training and keep my head up! So to tally mileage this week.... 20.6 miles( including my warm up mile pre-5k race), not bad! 

Happy 4th btw! I ate like 4 of those yummy cookies with icing! MMMM! ~K

No comments: