Sunday, June 29, 2008

Marathon Training Week 1


Well... This week has been rough. I had a good training run on tuesday, 6 miles down. I ran alone, pepper spray in hand,reflective vest on, phone in my pouch, thats right, make fun of me if you want but I am safe!!! Especially when I am running alone. I ran a loop that proved to be long and boring but I made it. I watched the sun rise in awe and ran past a herd of deer, as the fog lifted, the sun broke through and I found myself producing more heat than I could get rid of, thank goodness I was almost done! I then hit the road on Thursday when disaster struck. I have been having a hard time with injury prevention these days. I am taking every percussion but I still find myself injured. First, it was a medial quad muscle that was very strained, that healed up in a week or so then, on thursday, i re-injured my ankle. I stepped on a stick, yes, a stick and rolled it. I went down in a heap and just cried there on the sidewalk , mostly because of the pain, but also in disappointment.I new this was a major set back! I sat there on the sidewalk and watched the cars drive by, waiting for my ankle to stop hurting so that I could stand on it, I had already swollen to a golf ball size.  I knew I was a couple of miles away from my car, so i got up and hobbled back. I came home and iced it down, stayed off of it for two days. I ran this morning (Sunday) 7.5 miles with a brace on. Hopefully it will heal up and I wont have too many more set backs! Say a little prayer for my ankle! This morning was so nice because some friends met me for half of my run. I forgot how nice it is to have some folks to run with. Next time, I'm going to back off my pace a bit! I got a little caught up in it and ran a little fast for what I needed to do! Thanks girls! ~K

No comments: