Saturday, January 5, 2008

We've Made it 3 Whole Weeks!





That pretty much says it all!! 3 weeks have already passed. Wow how things have changed! We are now much more confident with each other (we meaning me and Avery) I think it is so amazing that even though she keeps me totally sleep deprived, I still love her so much. Those of you who know me know that I don't function well with no sleep, I pretty much turn in to devil woman!! LOL!! Im ok though. Its rough, but we're getting there. I have been nursing so I am the food, she wants to nurse every 2-3 hours consistently, day and night! I'm like the 24 hour buffet!! She's just like her momma too, she doesn't like being hungry in the least!!! She SCREAMS when we can't figure it out right away. I have been pretty lucky with the whole nursing thing. We have good days and bad days but the bad days are becoming less and less, thank God!! My saving grace?? THE NIPPLE SHIELD!!! Fellow nursers.... give it a try, its is one of the best inventions next to the breast pump! One last thing about nursing. I was a little apprehensive about it at first. I didn't really know how I would feel about it. Come to find out it is the most wonderful thing. It certainly has its ups and downs but its worth it, I never understood why women would try everything to make nursing work. Some say they would stay up crying, frustrated, trying to get their child to latch on, I thought, I am not doing that, If i can't do it, i can't do it, ill use formula. I get it now. Having said that, I know it is not as easy for some and there is nothing wrong with formula!!! It is wonderful though while nursing her, I love looking down at her, knowing that I am supplying her with everything she needs! Liquid Gold.






She went to the pediatrician yesterday and got a good report. The hardest thing so far is the trip to the Orthopedic Dr. When she was inside me, the last trimester she was really crowded, as most are, but her leg was placed in a very unnatural position that hindered her hip joint from tightening, causing her mild hip dysplasia. Its not that uncommon but basically her left hip will slip out of place if stress is put on it. It doesn't hurt her to do this, but if it is not dealt with now, she could have trouble keeping up with her mom and dad in 5k's and marathons!!! ;-) SO we are dealing with it. I thought they would put her in a brace that she would have to wear when she sleeps or like 3 hours a day but no....I wasn't prepared for what the Dr put her in. Its a full body brace! She has to wear it a week! If it isn't better in a week, she has to wear it up to 3 weeks, if its not better after 3 weeks she has to be put in a CAST ! Please, everyone say a little prayer for Avery! Don't freak out but here is a picture of it. You can see why I cried for hours. It is much more uncomfortable for me than her though! As you can see here, she is really quite comfy. I feel like it separates us a little. We took it off at the Pediatrician's yesterday and I just held her close for a while. It also makes it pretty difficult to change her diaper too!






Speaking of diaper changes... she is really getting a kick out of it! This morning for instance, around 245am, I changed her wet diaper, as soon as i got it all fastened, she POOED!! "Oh Avery", I said, so I put her in the crib for a few minutes to make sure she was finished, 4 min later, changed her again, only to get the new diaper fastened so she could pooh again!!! AHHH!!! She did this once more, I was SO "over pooed"!! She doesn't smile at me yet but the face she does is priceless. Ill have to take a pic! Thanks AVE!! LOL!! Your already giving me ammunition for the boyfriends!! HA!






And last but not least.. I worked out today for the first time! YAY! It felt so good to sweat! AHH! I have a lot of work to do on my body! I have about 10 lbs of fat to loose and a bunch of muscle to gain to get back to my pre-baby body. In time....In time!!!



No comments: