Thursday, August 2, 2007

Maternaty Clothes Shopping

So... I cannot fit into any of my regular clothes anymore, no matter how hard i squeeze into them, they just wont fit! NOT only in my belly...no, you know I cant just be one of those cute mommas who only gain weight through their midsection! Yeah right! I have gained it EVERYWHERE!!! First, it started with my butt expanding, no biggy, I'll just where my fat jeans, then my arms, oohhh.. that's a tough one to hide! Then my thighs (inner and outer) Fat jeans are getting snug, THEN my belly, I got away with wearing this little belly band, it acts like a rubber band around your waist so you can wear your breeches with out buttoning them. Question, why did I have to wait until pregnancy to find these little miracles??? I could have been using these A LONG time ago, you know when you over eat,your so stuffed you have no room in your pants for another bite??? Just slip on of these suckers on, your good for dessert!! LOL!!!ANYWAY. I have a wedding to go to this weekend so it was time to do the maternity clothes shopping, I couldn't very well go in gym shorts and my husbands over- sized T, which has been the basis of my wardrobe for the last 3 weeks or so... So we did it, I knew I could count on my Mom to help me through this! We hit the maternity store. I tried on dresses that made a fat cow look skinny standing next to me! I thought i was going to CRY! "do you mean I have to look like Maggie MOO for the next 3 months?? CRAP!!!" Finally, with the help of my patient and logical (compared to me) Mom, we got a few pieces of clothing that doesn't make me want to start grazing in the grass and mooing!!! Thanks Mom! I can always count on you tho help me shop!

PS- My family is calling my baby bump the "baby GUT" Geezzee thanks alot... MOOO" LOL Smootches! ~K

2 comments:

Melissa Woosley said...

Kara,
Child, Child, you are so funny. I have never really heard such humor in a pregnancy. Maybe you should re consider and be a writer!

Everything will be fine, think of all of us that have already been through this many times over.

Thanks for sharing,
Melissa

Rachel H.A. said...

Wow. Your friend is right about your writing talents. You did an amazing job describing the changes of your body. You also NAILED the description of my PAXIL/PROZAC weight gain. I had no idea being pregnant was so similar! (he he he) Maternity clothes... INGENIOUS! NOW I know where to go buy new clothes! Why didn't I think of this before????
Thanks! Next time you see me... I'll be looking so freakin' hot in an empire waist concert T and some powerful new jeans! ROCK ON!!! [Just ignore the big elastic circle over my abs.] :)
~RACHEL.