Sunday, December 14, 2008

1 year ago...

I was in a hospital room, with my new baby girl, feeling exhausted, terrified and so fortunate, and so amazed all at once.  Oh and sore, lets not forget that! ;-)
 
This year has been such a whirl wind, so much has happened. Avery has changed my life completely and I love it. I have finally found my groove in the "being a mommy" role. It took me some time to find my stride but eventually, I did.  I have also found that I my ability to love Avery, my husband, and my family, is greater than I ever thought possible.  I have gone through depression, self doubt, sleep deprivation, many many dirty diapers (some of those were meant for the diaper and ended up on me or Hillman), contentment, and back again. Through all of that, I still found the most happiness that I have ever known. My family and friends are my rocks,(and they rock too);-) I couldn't do this thing called life with out them. 

Having said all of that, we threw a grand party for Avery's first birthday, it was fun and Avery had a blast it seemed! Thank you all of my family and friends who came out to share this celebration that Avery and Hillman and I made it through 1 whole year of her life, and it was a success, on many levels! Here's to my little bug and  many many more birthdays! Love you all! ~Kara, Hillman, and Avery

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy birthday Avery!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Avery! We need to get our girls together :) Hope you are doing well.