Friday, February 8, 2008

Bless her little heart...

Oh gosh! It was so sad. I had to take her for her 2 month checkup which included her first round of immunizations. 3 shots. She is doing well, she has gained 2 lbs from her birth weight. I thought I would be fine, I am so glad Hillman was able to come. When they gave her the shots and I heard her cry, then she looked at me like, "why are you letting them do this to me" the cry just shot right to my soul! I teared up. I had no control. I just held her little hand and then it was over. The nurse was fast. She gave Avery back to me and she started to calm. I just held her tight. Last night she was really fussy. At one point I handed her over to H because he is usually able to calm her better than me. She would not calm down. I took her back and H ran the shower. We sat in the bathroom and I sang her Christmas songs which calmed her right down. I sang her Christmas songs because I sang them to her when she was still in my belly. LOL! She would cry evey time I stopped humming the tune of "O Christmas Tree" She finally dosed off to sleep. What a day! -K

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Jules got her shots on Monday. It is so sad! Luckily she wasn't fussy afterward, I think it's cause she had such a rough week the week before that the shots were nothing...